The EAST AFRICA-NIGERIA TRADE AND INVESTMENT SUMMIT will highlight business, trade and investment opportunities in East Africa and Nigeria. In line with EAC aspirations for increasing inward trade and investment, coupled with Nigeria huge resources, both in human capital, financial and natural resources, Knowledge Factory East Africa in collaboration with EA and Nigeria public and private sector is hosting the first EA-Nigeria Trade and investment Summit. This will act as a platform for joint trade and investment opportunities promotion to the business community.
EA-Nigeria trade and investment summit is organized in a bid to showcase investment opportunities for enhanced dialogue between private entrepreneurs and the top echelons of political leadership in the EA and Nigeria and chart a road map for increased investment and export growth as well as a strong coalition for action by both government and industry in East Africa and Nigeria. Excellence Award that recognises and encourage trade and investment will be introduced in this year Summit
It will bring together key government and business leaders from both Nigeria and East African region to explore integrated approach and means of creating and maximizing the value of partnerships for economic growth. The Summit will also pay particular attention to the emerging oil and gas industry in the EA region, growing women entrepreneurial class, the vast ICT and transport infrastructure opportunities, tourism, public companies on sale and the natural agro-economy.
The Summit will also focus on engaging potential Investors in the East African community and Nigeria in a cross business promotion and partnership environment . It will showcase investment and trade opportunities in the East Africa Community and Nigeria. This will result to attracting potential investors in various sectors between Nigeria and East Africa. This Summit will surely communicate the opportunities of East African community and the prospect and resources in Nigeria as to spur economic development by creating a larger market for goods produced in participating countries
- To highlight business opportunities in East Africa and Nigeria
- To develop an understanding how to profitably utilize the various Trade facilitation process to grow trade between Nigeria and the EAC countries.
- To highlight business opportunities created by East Africa-Nigeria partnership initiatives in various areas such as Oil and Gas, Tourism, Manufacturing, Agriculture, ICT, professional services and to develop an understanding on how to practically benefit from the opportunities that exists.
- To provide avenue and the “bridge head” for Nigeria business executives and their counterparts from East Africa to meet, exchange ideas, and establish relationships.
- To showcase east Africa and Nigeria products, services, and appropriate technologies with potential markets in East Africa, as well as East African products with potential markets in the Nigeria. " To discuss incentives available to Nigeria. firms interested in operating in East Africa, from both the Nigeria and African perspectives, including financing and risk management for the purpose of increasing FDI in the East African region.
- To offer a forum where East Africa and Nigeria business services can create effective partnerships.
- To engage University and College Presidents and Chancellors from East Africa and the Nigeria and explore alliances that promote partnerships in research, faculty and leadership training